January 26, 2011

Kody - Lab Mix - ADOPTED!!!

Meet Kody! Kody is a lab mix puppy. Kodys owner contacted on ODTR team member stating "If you don't come get this pup and his mom I'm gonna take them to the woods and shoot them both!" NO! They are now safe in the care of ODTR!!  Kody and his momma (Brandy) are learning what it's like to have love, food, and a warm place to sleep every night. Some of which they'd never known until now. Kody is just turning 8 weeks old and is now able to leave his mother's care. He is such a fun loving playful little boy! He has been wormed and is UTD on his puppy vaccinations. Wouldn't you love to give his little guy a forever home?
UPDATE:
Rising at 5AM for a 2.5 hour trip to Indy was painful on my old bones.  Kody woke right up of course, and wanted to play and wake up the whole family – which he was very successful at.  I had to laugh – it really was cute.  It also made it easier for my little dogs and husband to say goodbye to our sweet houseguest.  J  We arrived at our meeting spot a little late due to the ridiculous snow (can you tell that I am absolutely sick of winter?!?), but met Kodi’s adoptive mom at 9AM.  I love to see their faces when they get to meet their new furry family member… and this one was just as sweet as any.  Kody jumped into her arms just like he had always been there.  Those moments tug at my heart and make me so happy/sad at the same time.  But when I watched that sweet pup wiggle and try to kiss her and go play at the same time… it really was a priceless moment for me.  This is the adoptive families first comments:   “Kodi is doing GREAT. He never had an accident inside the house. He has let us know each time he needs to go. He slept thru the nite. He wore my daughter out & my daughter wore him out.”  I am looking forward to more updates.  I still miss my little Kodi Monster – but being able to see the beautiful picture of him with his new little girl… sure helps!  J

No comments: